Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dreaded Doctor

I hate going to doctor's appointments. Long periods of waiting, not much information given, and needles. As a newly pregnant person, I could not avoid the doctor forever. I'd have tried for a long time, but Stephen forced me into it. I swear I was on the phone forever trying to find an appointment time that would actually work with my schedule.... Teachers and doctors keep the same exact hours. But finally the dreaded appointment was scheduled!

I forced Stephen to go with me. Told him that if I had to suffer through it, so did he. Aren't I the best wife ever? Luckily it wasn't as horrible as we both imagined. The doctor's office was beautiful. It was only build about 2 years ago, so it is all nice and clean looking. We didn't have to wait too long considering how many other pregnant women were there too. I filled out a lot of the paperwork at home, so that cut down on the time! The appointment was short and sweet. Obviously the highlight was getting to see our little one for the first time. At only 9 weeks he (because I think it's going to be a boy) was pretty tiny, so there wasn't a whole lot to see. We got to see, but not hear, his little heart beating. We could even make out the little arms and legs. It was pretty awesome.

I also successful had a needle stuck in my arm without crying! I wasn't too worried about it. Having blood taken out of me is no big deal with a needle, it is the whole injecting into me that freaks me out. Illogical, I know!

But we survived our first doctor's appointment. One down, too many more to go!

1 comment: