As soon as we got home from the first appointment Stephen was ready to announce the news. He had waited 5 long weeks and couldn't hold it in any longer! He called his mom and set up a Skype time with his family. He quickly rushed to find some cool way to announce it to his parents and Ashlyn. Being more creative than I am, he was able to rush and make a PowerPoint to share the news. After a little bit of technical difficulties, the cat was finally out of the bag.
Last Slide of the PowerPoint
They were definitely not expecting that, but were extremely excited for us. They honestly thought that we were to tell them that we had bought a puppy. (Not too long ago Stephen took me to adoption day a Petsmart. There was the cutest black lab-mix that I feel in love with instantly. I have never wanted to take a puppy home more in my life. I sat on the ground next to his cage for about 30 minutes because I couldn't make myself leave the puppy. Robin had to talk me out of it Never take pregnant Marah to adoption day!)
My puppy!
We figured this announcement was a little more exciting, and more unexpected than a puppy! Ashlyn was excited that she will get to hang out with me this summer when I am nice and fat! Robin was shocked that we were telling them before my parents. I explained that their son could not wait, and plus my parents had just left on a 2 week cruise the day before. Dave was just like Stephen and couldn't believe that he couldn't tell anyone! Like father-like son!
Now we just had to find a way to tell my parents. We decided to let them cruise in peace, and share the news with them when they got home. I decided to make a welcome home card for them from the baby. I mailed it off and we waited patiently for them to get home from their cruise.
Last page of their card
(their ultrasound picture was not red, dang low black ink)
Their call came very soon after they got home. Mom said that their mail was waiting on the front porch and our card looked like something fun, not a bill, so she had my dad open it. She said she was not expecting it, my dad said he was not surprised. What a smart guy! Of course they were thrilled. Another grandbaby to add to our growing family!
Now we just have to wait 2 more weeks before our next ultrasound. If everything looks great there I will finally feel comfortable announcing it to more people. It is nice to have a few more people in the loop though!
Haha, Grandma Danice ruined your waiting for the next ultrasound plan. She is way too good at guessing. And Megan's comment "does this baby have fur and claws' made me laugh. We all knew you were PUPPY obsessed ;)
ReplyDeleteI think it's a boy, too. R3D2, right? And welcome to the blogging world, little sister! ;)
ReplyDelete