Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween 2015

Thanks to the high standards set by my sister Megan, Halloween costumes are a big deal in our family. This year I hadn't just had a baby, so we were able to put some more thought and effort into our costumes. The hardest thing is finding a costume that Stephen will agree to wear! So pretty much I let him pick the family costume theme and just hope to find/make costumes that will work... (I did veto his Halo and Star Wars ideas).

After lots of deliberation and internet searching our costumes were decided: Guardians of the Galaxy. Since there were only 3 of us instead of 5, we had to chose which character to be. I would have loved to have someone dress up as Groot, but that would have been very complicated. So we were Starlord, Gamora, and Rocket Raccoon.
Our super family



He's ready for action

Attack raccoon

What a cute raccoon face?!
(It's practically impossible to put stuff on his face!)


After 3 different Halloween events 
I got really good at putting on the makeup! 

Russell didn't know what to think of all the Halloween activities...

Then he discovered the candy...

And he was very happy!


Another joy of the Halloween season is decorating the house!
We had some ghost haunting our pictures!


Spiders also invaded!

I go to be artsy and paint a little.


Used my Cricut to decorate the whole house! 

It's also a Mikesell tradition to carve pumpkins. My dad has always carved amazing ones each yer. Last year he decided to make it a competition. Since Beth won last year, she got to chose the theme. She chose Tim Burton. Stephen and I found some fun ideas for our pumpkins. Mine took longer than I thought it would, but I won!! Woohoo. Now I just have to figure out next years theme... 

Stephen's pumpkin

My 1st place pumpkin!

1 comment: